Sauvignon Blanc
Tasting Notes:
Our Sauvignon Blanc has a yellow color with greenish tones. A complex nose dominated by pineapple and gooseberry. The mouth follows the nose with a superb mouth feeling and richness. The acidity provides the skeleton and gives the wine focus. The end of mouth extends with lime and minerals. It matches appetizers, Fresh or cooked seafood, such as oysters, scallops and salmon


Vineyards:
The grapes come from our estate vineyards in Villa Alegre, 285 km south of Santiago in the Maule Valley. The soils are derived from volcanic ash and consist of sandy to sandy-loam earth. The vineyards are flat and receive an excellent exposure to sunlight. The yields are carefully controlled so as to produce concentrated and elegant wines.


Vinification process:
The grapes were harvested by hand early in the morning at the middle of March. In order to extract aromas 25% of the must is in skin contact at low temperatures prior to alcoholic fermentation and the other 75% free run juice fermented in stainless steel tank with select yeast at temperatures ranging from 12 to 14C (54-57F) during a twenty-days, period allowing the extraction varietals aromas. Then we stir the lees to extract flavor and aromas from the yeast. Prior to bottling, the wines are stabilized and filtered carefully to keep the integrity.

Main aromas and flavors:
Pineapple and gooseberry


Grape:
sauvignon Blanc


Aging process:



Alcohol Contents:
13% vol.


History Awards:



sol-de-chile-sauvignon-blanc