Gran Reserva Chardonnay
Tasting Notes:
A clean, bright greenish-yellow color, this wine has an elegant nose marked by exotic fruit, green apple, pineapple, and citrus, with white flowers and subtle mineral notes accompanied by toasted hazelnut. The palate is refreshing and silky, with tremendous volume, very good balance, and a vibrant acidity that gives way to a lingering, intense, and enjoyable finish.

Vineyards:
The grapes used for this wine come from two vineyards located beside the town of Casablanca, approximately 20 km from the sea, with a strong maritime influence thanks to their proximity to the ocean that results in a long, gradual ripening period that greatly enhances the quality of the wines. The blocks are 13 years old, on average. Both vineyards have granitic soils and are planted in the foothills. The vineyard density is 3,500 plants per hectare. The vines are trellised to low vertical shoot position or double guyot and cane pruned. Shoots are tipped in the spring and early summer and leaves were pulled from the interior of the canopy to increase ventilation and keep the grapes healthy. This also encourages ripening, which was very slow and late due to the season’s weather conditions.


Vinification process:
The grapes were whole-cluster pressed and underwent fermentation 3 different types of yeast to increase complexity in the final blend. Fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks at 16º–22ºC (61-81ºF) and lasted approximately 3 weeks. The wine then remained on its fine lees with weekly lees stirring to obtain greater silkiness and volume.

Main aromas and flavors:
Green apple, pineapple, and citrus, with flowers and hazelnut.


Grape:
Chardonnay 100%


Aging process:
64% of the blend was fermented in used French oak barrels and continued to age in them for 8 moths. The remaining 36% was fermented and held in stainless steel tanks to lend freshness and fruit characteristics to the final blend.


Alcohol Contents:
13% vol.


History Awards:



gran-reserva-chardonnay